Interested in joining the volunteer team at the Gender Center?
The Gender Identity Center of Colorado has branched out! We host open hours on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, from Noon until 5 p.m., and we need dedicated volunteers to help us make exploring gender identity shared, celebrated, and safe. So, get involved!
We are currently looking for Front Desk volunteers for May-Aug!
If you can help, please read the following and e-mail Erica.
Requirements to become a volunteer @ The Gender Center
• Be 21 years of age or older.
• Pass a screening interview.
• Attend a volunteer orientation.
• Feel comfortable working with transgender adults.
• Be friendly, dependable, and trustworthy.
How the process works:
• First, fill out the online application.
• A staff member will contact you.
• You will come into the Gender Center for a one on one interview.
• You will be scheduled for a new volunteer orientation.
• You may attend additional training, depending on the position you've selected.
• You'll receive some "on the job" training.
• You'll be part of the team!
Current Volunteer Openings @ The Gender Center
• Front Desk Host/ess: Front desk hosts are the first point of contact for everyone. You'll sit at our fabulous front desk and check in guests. Hosts also work our phones, answering calls and providing needed information. This position requires a once a week, for three months, commitment.
• Mentorship Program: This program will pair members who request the service with one transgender person who has/is in the process of transition as well as one cisgender volunteer of the mentee's target gender. Volunteers will be required to attend training provided by the Gender Center.
• Resource Rover: Help us expand our resource manual by collating information into the existing manual, or making calls to follow up on sources. Schedules for this position vary and are flexible.
• Administrative Volunteer: Sometimes the Gender Center needs a little clerical help. As an administrative assistant you'll work with one our team members to provide services to our members. Assistants will perform a variety of duties. Schedules for this position vary and are flexible.
• Information Technology Volunteer: Computers at some point will need to be fixed. If you have experience in the IT field, and are looking to volunteer, we have just the job for you. IT volunteers work on our computers and website. Plus, IT volunteers provide workshops and seminars to teach members how to use computers and prepare them for the future. Schedules for this position vary and are flexible.
• Fitness Team: Are you a personal trainer? Are you certified to lead yoga, Pilates, or other workout programs? We're looking for new volunteers willing to lead a bi-monthly workout. Programs should be fun and not involve lots of equipment or space.
• Development Associate: the Gender Center has one major fundraiser a year, along with several smaller campaigns throughout the year. At the heart of each of these are our volunteers. If you would like to help sustain the Gender Center for future generations, this position is for you. Schedules for this position vary and are flexible.
Have Questions? Contact someone!
303-202-6466 (Mon, Tues, Thur or Fri, 12-15 p.m.) or e-mail email@example.com